Monday, June 27, 2005

The best score ever.

There's a film which I've never seen, which I'm not sure is really good, which is not a giallo but that I could not help talking about.
It's called "L'Assoluto Naturale" (1969) and features a famous actress of this time : Sylva Koscina. Apparently she spends most of the film not wearing too much clothing - there's an obscure japanese site which shows a vintage fotonovela.



But here are the two great things about it:

There's an Iso Griffo (see picture above), which is one of the most intriguing and rare Italian cars produced - designed by Bertone and engineered by Chevrolet.

And most of all, the score from Ennio Morricone is probably my all time favourite: a simple melody of three notes which epitomises the feeling of nostalgia. It is so evocative I ended up imagining my own personal version of "L'Assoluto Naturale" and turned it into a beautiful film. You can find this chef-d'oeuvre here.

If you've seen this movie or if you have a copy of it, please contact me.

No comments: